Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jan 29 - A little bit of everything last week

Well, things are starting to settle into a a routine of sorts.  John and I are both trying to exercise at least 3 days every week.  I hope to increase that soon to 4 or 5, but for now we're just getting into the groove.  I tried water aerobics yesterday - it was fun, but not too energetic...but the water was wonderful.   It's gonna be 72 today so we're going to spend some time at the pool. 

Meghan gets a couple of walks a day which helps as well and she's enjoying that.  She's had an ear infection and is now taking allergy pills that make her a bit lethargic, but she's stopped chewing on her leg and feet which is terrific - we were both tired of yelling at her to stop.  

John's allergies and mine have kicked in here - we don't know to what, but our eyes and sinuses are a mess.  I know the desert is good for asthma.  I'm hoping once we're used to it we'll get better.  

In terms of sports, John is playing golf and softball, so he's in heaven.  I still haven't figured out what I'm gonna do so am trying different things.  I'm planing on trying pickle ball this week - it looks like tennis on a smaller court and with ping pong paddles to me.  And I want to try shuffleboard - we used to play as kids up on Lake Erie and I loved it then.  

Our resort had an evening at the firepit last week where we listened to music - 2 guys past their prime, but that still had fun entertaining.  I recognized most of the songs but not all.  "I don't look good naked anymore" was pretty funny and a new one.  There's a movie night next week that we may go to, free to go and free popcorn - sounds like a deal. 

I found a rug weaving class in Mesa that starts Feb. 15th for 4 weeks.  I'm looking forward to that - could be a new hobby for me (and I don't really have any).  I guess our class project will be a table runner which will be a good thing to make.  

So life's good - I'm still working part time, but I'm less and less engaged.  I'm gonna miss everyone a lot, and all the geeky stuff we do and use.  It's gonna be interesting when it all ends, I'm not sure how I'll keep myself busy yet but I suppose things will just happen. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are settling in. Weather here in Reno has been unseasonally warm - I'm sure we will have winter soon. We are just fine. I'm walking much better, moving a bit slow, still going to PT. I'm thinking I will be driving again this week. It's been a long 7 weeks. Take care, Kass

    ReplyDelete