Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jan 20 - We've finally landed in Phoenix!

We actually arrived on Friday, but have been super busy getting set-up and figuring out where things are.  We had so many suitcases to unpack, not to mention the boxes of stuff we'd dumped into the 5th wheel when we left.  


The park is pretty nice - it's very large and has a great recreation room, workout room, swimming pool, lots of outdoor courts (tennis, pickle ball, shuffleboard, lawn bowling etc.), so lots to do.  And the athletic room is close so we have no excuses.  The golf course is in great shape so John is happy - he played his first round today.  It's an interesting combination of RVs, 5th wheels, trailers, and modular homes.  The people are really friendly and everyone walks and says hi; of course they love Meghan.  I've decided I'm definitely the youngest person here; I'll get used to it, but neither of us feel old enough to be spending time in this kind of park.  Funny!


Last night we had dinner with an old friend, boss, and mentor Lynn Dorsett - it was so fun to catch up.  We're planning on doing it again soon, but here at our place.  


Today I went back to work, which after 5 weeks off is really hard.  I'm not sure exactly when I'll be calling it quits, I have a few things to finish up first.  In the meantime I'm diving back in and trying to stay focused.  


One fun thing, I found a rug weaving class which I'll start in a few weeks - I'm looking forward to learning how to use a loom and learning something new.  More to come on this one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment